applies between you, the User of this Website and Action Traffic
Management (Also referred to as Action TM), the
owner and provider of this Website.
Definitions and interpretation
Collectively all information that you submit to Action TM via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws
Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Action TM, We or Us
Action TM, 27 Bolding House Lane, West End, Surrey, GU24 9JJ;
User or You
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Action TM and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Action TM and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
The website that you are currently using, http://www.action-tm.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
b. references to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to sub-clauses,
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and
d. "including” is understood to mean “including without limitation;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of
this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website
including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Action TM is the "data
controller”. This means that Action TM determines the purposes for which, and the
manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers; in each case,
How We Collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data That Is Given To Us By You
7. Action TM will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through
any other means;
Data That Is Collected Automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This
information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation,
and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access
the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our Use Of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide
you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically,
Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our
legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in
certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
Keeping Data Secure
11. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
12. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data
breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let
us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your
information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and
many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is
supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
14. Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your
Data on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this
15. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or
16. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about
you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we
provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge
you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.’ Where we
are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your
request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data
or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use
it for our legitimate interests.
17. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to
the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data),
please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com
18. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is
handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection
authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's
contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
19. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us
informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links To Other Websites
20. This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. We have no control
over such websites and are not responsible for the content of these websites. This
Changes Of Business Ownership And Control.
21. Action TM may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may
involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Action TM. Data
provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be
transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under
was originally supplied to us.
22. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
23. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is
will not be affected.
of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will,
to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of
26. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or
remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
27. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and
Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted
your first use of the Website following the alterations. You may contact Action TM by
email at firstname.lastname@example.org